The Health Care Advisor will support the agency by representing and promoting services and programs to increase referrals from existing referral sources, and secure new business from current low volume and non-referring Sources.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Functions as the primary marketing contact for referring accounts
- Interfaces with both clinicians and support staff to improve communication and understanding of the needs and wants of the referral sources
- Develops a marketing plan with measurable goals and objectives
- Conducts personal visits to referral sources on a daily basis
- Identifies issues and concerns from Referral sources and communicates them back to the Administrator
- Sets meetings with referral sources and coordinates “lunch and learns” to discuss new services and programs
- Documents daily contact with referral sources
- Develops referral trend reports
- Facilitates community outreach, speaking and education opportunities for agency.
Healthcare Advisor must have an outgoing personality as well as the ability to listen and understand what the client is truly saying. He/She should have great attention to detail and excellent organization and follow up skills. Healthcare Advisors need to be problem-solvers and be able to facilitate solutions, calling upon resources within the agency.
Measurable Goals the Healthcare Advisor
- # of daily visits to referral sources
- # of lunch and learns coordinated with referral sources
- Development of quarterly marketing plan
- Submission of weekly marketing activity report
Reporting: The Healthcare Advisor will aid in developing, analyzing and disseminating reports related to referral activity. Some examples of tracking reports include:
- Monthly referrals by referral source
- Monthly new account development
- Monthly total visits
- Source of self-referred patients by month (e.g. friend, website, social media, etc.)
- New patients generated as a result of community screening programs
- Referrals to Centrix programs
Although each position has its own unique duties and responsibilities, the following listing applies to every employee. All employees of the organization:
- Will exercise necessary cost control measures.
- Will strive to maintain positive internal and external customer service relationships.
- Must be able to demonstrate effective leadership skills.
- Must demonstrate effective communication skills by conveying necessary information accurately, listening effectively and asking questions when clarification is needed.
- Must be able to be depended upon to plan and organize work effectively and ensure its completion.
- Must be able to demonstrate reliability by arriving to work on time and taking breaks in expected time frames.
- Will be expected to meet all productivity requirements.
- Must be able to demonstrate team behavior and must be willing to promote a team-oriented environment.
- Is expected to represent the organization professionally at all times.
Must be able to demonstrate initiative, strives to continually improve processes and relationships.