Reflections Hospice provides services, drugs and biologicals to its patients and their families on a 24-hour a day, 7 days a week basis. The Reflections Hospice Triage / On call Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) is responsible for administering nursing care according to the plan of care to terminally ill patients admitted under the direction of a Registered Nurse (R.N.), in accordance with the Nurse Practice Act in the State where the Reflections Hospice program is located.
- Provides direct skilled bedside nursing care within the LPN scope of practice in accordance with the patient/family Plan of Care.
- Under the supervision of the R.N.:
- Evaluates patient/family needs and assists in the preparation and execution of the interdisciplinary plan of care for each patient on the team.
- Performs selected acts in the care of the terminally ill which may include the administration of treatments and medications or assessing for death.
- Evaluates effectiveness of treatments and monitors patient’s reactions.
- Maintains a clean and safe environment.
- Maintains accurate clinical notes on interdisciplinary charts.
- Reports significant findings or changes in the patient’s condition to the Triage R.N., Team Manager or Physician. Documents reports in clinical notes.
Must have and maintain transportation to be used for work with required liability insurance and license.
- Graduate of an approved school of Practical/Vocational nursing.
- Currently licensed to practice nursing in the state where the Reflections Hospice program is located.
- At least one year, preferable two years, of satisfactory nursing experience, at least one year of which is as an LPN/LVN in a hospital or skilled nursing facility.
Reports to the Director of Nursing
Supervised by a Triage/On-Call Registered Nurse.